Old 11-02-2003, 09:02 AM
Ken Riley

Default maintenance free garden?

On Mon, 10 Feb 2003 15:28:55 -0000, "Dave Arthuro"
wrote:

Thanks guys

I would pave it over (tastefully!), but one concern I have about that is how
it might affect resale value. Any thoughts on that?

"Dave Arthuro" wrote in message
As garden lovers you are going to kill me for asking this question! I am
purchasing a house with a small back lawn and some side plants. I really
have no interest in gardening Is it possible to have plants and grass
that require little or no intervention?

If you could do without the grass you could put membrane down and
cover it with your choice of paving, pebbles, shale, slate and/or
chipped bark, perhaps with a bench. You could cut holes in the
membrane and plant shrubs and put lots of pots of plants around.

Joan in Bramhall (Cheshire)