Old 16-12-2005, 10:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La puce

Default Oh for Tesco's sprouts

Rusty Hinge 2 wrote:

The message
from "Rupert" contains these words:
Results: -- Not bad really. Cucumber about the size of a sausage but tasted
just like cucumber.

OK - try growing them under polythene cloches at the very least. IME
last season was *NOT* good for cucumbers, even under glass.

How strange, I grew fine cucumbers this year outside in a vase a friend
gave me. The vase was made of rubber. I grew 4 huge cucumbers. They
tasted really really fresh too. I'm trying to find some more rubber
containers now because it's worth it really.