Old 16-12-2005, 12:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback

Default No Visitors

PhEaSaNt PLuCKeR wrote:
"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message

Our dog forgot to re-bury her current bone yesterday and left it on
the back lawn. So the first thing we saw this morning was a very large
crow pecking out the marrow. For the second day running, the red
squirrel risked death by darting out just behind said dog, and for the
second day running, fortunately she didn't notice. The nutfeeders were
hosts to bluetits, great tits, greenfinches and chaffinches. As I worked
in the garden I saw blackbirds, thrushes, a wren, and robins all
scuffling around in the mulches. John saw a sparrowhawk divebomb into
the big hedge where the sparrows hang out, without catching one.

Big bonfire, dug out old strawberry bed, rain stopped play mid afternoon.

Janet.

Very Impressed Janet!
Let's see what tomorrow brings here in Stoke-on-Trent

Fingers Crossed!

Here on the fringes of Stoke-on Trent I am having problem with
pheasants, as soon as I put the ground food out up to 6 at a time come
and scoff the lot, I really do not want to plump them up for the local
Lord to shoot. Maybe I should do that myself and stuff the turkey with
a pheasant, but my wife won't countenance it.

--
Please do not reply to this Email address
All Emails are deleted upon receipt.