Old 16-12-2005, 12:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes

Default gates.

In message , Kay Easton
writes
I have been pondering over the last couple of weeks whether it's time
to just duck out of urg. No loss to urg - other people here know more
about every one of the topics I post on. The only loss is to me, in
terms of the sheer amount that I learn from here, but I am beginning to
wonder whether the price is worth it. I shall continue for a while, but
I can't see myself being here much longer. OK, it's giving in to the
bullies who are trying to disrupt the group and drive away long-term
posters, but I don't have to take on every battle that the world offers me.

That would be a shame. I read here daily but post very infrequently
these days, which is a huge contrast to several years ago, when I was a
regular contributor. I have become accustomed to ignoring people and
threads likely to cause trouble for me to the extent of kill-filing
them. Cowardly perhaps - but it makes life a damned site easier. There
are enough battles in real life without having more here.

Having said all that, we always used to bicker in winter in the old
days
--
June Hughes