Old 16-12-2005, 03:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
madgardener

Default let me apologize once and for all..........

thanks, Klara! I'm sure there will be some who will go "what the hell???"
but I'm alright now after being set straight by Janet about my directed
apologies. I am here until the computer fries, or all my gardens are gone
for good.........................g we slipped the ice storm that charged
thru the country yesterday and hit east of me in South Carolina (?!?),
Atlanta just southeast of me back away's, and moved up thru North Carolina
which really is easterly of me as I live off interstate I-40 which is one of
the main ones cutting thru the Southeast portion of Tennessee and the
Easterly edge of the country, got much needed rains here (we've had a late
summer, total fall drought here that has made my clay soil hard with deep
veins you can put a toe into, and with all these raised beds, planting those
bulbs was like digging in black, course sand at times) enough that the dusty
smell was replaced by a luscious smell of damp soils, wet leaves and clean
air. If it hadn't been so cold, I'd have expected to hear crickets and
frogs, but thankfully the little peepers (frogs) are asleep, for now.
Around here they're easily fooled by Mom's Nature, though.

good thing you didn't think me a silly twit! gbseg I'll be fine now,
just hafta visit around Squire still being home and like some men, seem more
needy when kicking about the house getting underfoot..........if I don't go
mad before he returns to work, at least the gardens will be visited more
because I run outside to be there when I cannot take inside any longer LOL

maddie
"Klara" wrote in message
In message , madgardener writes
I hope all of you are well, have a wonderful Christmas and Boxing day and
I hope the new year brings us more understanding and tolerance and lordy,
some peace. I ain't holding my breath on that one. but I will say, ignore
the crap and politics of where I am and just peel back the dirty curtain
and look at the smiling little woman with the goofy and very obvious hat

Stay with us, Maddie - some of us need our fairies over breakfast, else
we're stuck with all that crap and politics...

--
Klara, from a cold a but not frosty Gatwick basin