Old 16-12-2005, 05:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default OT More form filling

On 16/12/05 11:48 am, in article ,
"Alan Holmes" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
.uk...
On 16/12/05 12:50 am, in article , "Rupert"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
.uk...
A Healthy & Safety form arrived today which made us laugh. Questions -
a nursery where everyone works either outdoors or in large glasshouses:
"how many of your workers smoke; do you set aside a special area for
your
workers to smoke?" I'm not quite sure that 'back of the bonfire sites'
is
what they're looking for as an answer. ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Not quite the same thing but I filled out a DTI form for export
statistics
stating that we had exported 1 milligram of a weird organic chemical at
£1800 which translated through their system at £1800,000,000 per ton.
(£1.8bn?)
We had vast fun with the men from the Ministry until they realised we
were
not the saviours of the British Economy.

Sorry I digress, this doesn't help with your problem.
Do *not* mention the bonfire. Environmental pollution act (as
amended.......subsec......para...............)

Groan! Another horrible possibility - except that I think nurserymen,
horticulturists, agriculturists etc. are allowed bonfires. ;-)

Does that mean I'm not?

Alan

I don't know, Alan. Aren't there byelaws and things, in some areas, that
prevent people from lighting bonfires?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk