Old 16-12-2005, 06:13 PM posted to uk.rec.birdwatching,uk.rec.gardening
Peter James

Default No Visitors

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 22:41:45 +0000, Kate wrote
(in article ):

I *do* buy the best foods, Rupert! And my own recipe is made using
top-quality ingredients, too. Maybe these are burger-and-fries birds
and not silver-service ones, although the magpie always dresses for
dinner ;-)

Kate

We've been in our house for five years now. When we first moving in, not a
bird, not one. After five years of planting out the garden with shrubs to
make it more bird-friendly and regular feeding we attract sparrows,
blackbirds, tits, chaffinch, gold-finch and a winter visitor of one very
regular meadow pipit. We had a small flock of LT Tits in the other day,
quite magical. So it takes time, and dedication. You can't rush it, just
let the birds know that you are there, and they'll find you.