Old 16-12-2005, 07:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kevin Weller

Default gates.

In article , Janet Baraclough
wrote:
YOU will be relying on what you're
told because you don't have enough horticultural experience to compare
it with.

How do you know what I'd do? (do you realise writing in upper case is
considered shouting; isn't that rude? If you want to emphasise something
using bold is probably more polite.)

In fact you've just demonstrated that you have no idea what I'd do - why
on earth would I blindly follow advice given to me by a total stranger?
I'd want to check it out, particularly if I was being given conflicting
advice. I'd use that advice as a basis for checking elsewhere. OTOH if 20
people gave me the same advice the balance of probability is it's
reasonably accurate but there are no guarantees. Eventually, as I got to
'know' people (as much as you can know someone who is just a keyboard), I
might begin to trust their advice but, again, there are no guarantees -
anyone could spoof an advisor's address or they might be having an off
day.

Kevin