Old 17-12-2005, 12:00 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Mike

Default Stalling snowblower

Frank,

How did you make out with checking the spark plug? Still having problems?

Mike

"Frank Rosenbaum" wrote in message
Hi, all. I have a problem with my Yardman/Tecumseh snowblower stalling. It
was run out of gas in the spring and worked ok for the first two times
this year. Now, sometimes it will run for 20 or 30 minutes and then stall
other times it won't even run long enough for me to get back to the
handlebars. It always restarts if I push the primer button, but doesn't
always stay running. The gas cap was dropped and the rubber part and the
foam part came out. (Am I missing any pieces?) I think I put it back
together the right way. (Foam on the post then covered by the rubber
funnel with the wide part inside the cap and the narrow part facing into
the gas tank). I have also run the blower with the cap loose. There is
fresh gas in the tank. When the blower stalls, it almost sounds as if it
isn't getting enough gas. I am not at all familiar with engines so I don't
know where to start. I don't want to take it apart myself, but I will if
it can be fixed by a DIY.

Can anyone help??

Thanks

Frank in Snowy Michigan