Old 16-12-2005, 09:40 PM posted to bionet.plants
Cereus-validus-...........

Default Plant from Mallorca, please help with identification

Its an Asphodelus species.

http://images.google.com/images?q=as...=Search+Images

"Jens Welling" wrote in message
Hello,

can anyone out there please help me to identify this plant:

http://www.moonbarker.de/misc/KIF_2640_kl.JPG
(whole plant)
http://www.moonbarker.de/misc/KIF_2627_kl.JPG
(flower)

I collected the plant on Mallorca/Spain last winter. There it grows just
about everywhere, in rocky cliffs as well as in this sandy red soil.
Underground it has several tubers which look a little like small potatoes.

When I collected the plant, it didn't have any flowers, they grew after I
put it out in a sunny place in spring. After the bloom it lost all leaves
but new ones sprouted in autumn.

Does anyone have an idea what kind of plant this is (Latin, English,
German names)?

Thanks in advance :-)
Jens

--