Old 16-12-2005, 10:47 PM posted to uk.rec.birdwatching,uk.rec.gardening
Richard Brooks

Default The Birds are back

tox wrote:
"Richard Brooks" wrote in message
try Morrisons on Festival

Park, where they are very reasonably priced?

HTH
tox

Would soaking them first to get the water back in be a good idea ?

In a word no, they'll eat them soaked, however, they seem to prefer them
dry.

Strange that as I've sokaed them in Ben Nevis whiskey and they seem to
like it! No, just kidding in case the "we're doing this to protect you,
the world and beyond" health and safety directorate can read. Shit!
Need an emoticon as a diclaimer! ;-)

This from a child who pleaded and got to use a sickle at the grand age
of six as his dad stood back and drunk alcohol on his market garden!
Damn, did I say that out aloud ? Feck!

BTW, Blackbirds will defend a plate of Sultanas really vigorously.

Be warned though, I was putting out at least half a Kilo per day!

Regards
tox

That's good information. Last winter I did get over two days, upto
twelve redwings going through the leaf mould like a combine harvester,
tumbling leaves as they marched forward. I was thinking of throwing
some sort of feed in and mixing it in with the leaf mould. What do you
suggest ?

Richard. Now in a children's home.