Old 17-12-2005, 02:15 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Daniel Morrow

Default beard alage

Bottom posted.

--
You can find my public key at https://keyserver1.pgp.com
"Bill Stock" wrote in message
.. .

"§tudz" wrote in message

"Bill Stock" wrote in message

What's the PH of your tap water? What's your LH?

I'd try to keep them under 20ppm.

Do you add any Potassium?
Any idea what your Phosphate levels are?

How often do you do water changes, how big?

Yeah I do try to keep the Nirtrates under 20ppm but not very successful.

I think my tap water PH is about 7. did you mean PH not LH? is so my

tank
PH is 7 as well

No KH or carbonate hardness.

If the PH of your tap water is 7 and the PH of the tank is 7, then you
likely have very little CO2 in your tap water. so you would not see any
pearling from a water change. You should really test the PH of your tap
water fresh out of the tap and then test it again after it has sat for 24
hours. Compare these two PH values to determine how much CO2 you have in
your tap water.

I don't add any Potassium, and how can I check my Phospahate levels?

You can buy a test kit to test your Phosphate levels.

I normally do a 50% change every two weeks,

That's not bad. Do you vacuum your gravel and clean your filter regularly?

think you said you did.

§tudz

P.S. My scum sucking ISP is dropping Usenet, so I likely won't be posting
again, until I change ISPs.

Bill/studs whoever - you can find decent free newservers on the net -
especially on the web. And no - I don't mean web forums, I mean actual
newservers you can use - but getting one you can post to is admittedly
difficult. Check out the following newserver (usenet newgroups) search
engine that exists on the web: http://www.disenter.com/ . It should give you
enough information to be able to use a free newserver with your default (or
whatever handles usenet for you) newsreader (and poster) to read and
hopefully (depending on the newsserver used from this list) write messages
to these groups. Good luck and later! P.s. just as a side note - you will
most likely have to hop to other free newsservers after a short time with
each as in my experience any one newserver doesn't last very long, from this
list.