Old 17-12-2005, 10:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren

Default Anyone know the rose Mme Alfred Carriere? Other climber suggestions?

In article ,
Sarah Dale wrote:
VX wrote:
MAC is a colour I like for this situation (v pale pink- I don't want anythng
too conspicuous),

MAC for me is white with the odd hint of pink. It is very flexible and
easily trained. It also grows like the clappers. It is not very thorny,
so it terms of vicous personnel deterent you may wish to consider
another rose or something in addition to MAC.

That is my experience, too.

Actually, I had an idea. Himalayan Giant blackberries have the right
size and properties, so it isn't just roses that could be used. In
fact a combination of them and the above rose would probably work.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.