Old 17-12-2005, 12:22 PM posted to uk.rec.birdwatching,uk.rec.gardening
PhEaSaNt PLuCKeR

Default The Birds are back

"PammyT" wrote in message

"Richard Brooks" wrote in message
tox wrote:
"PhEaSaNt PLuCKeR" wrote in message

Hi,

Very early this morning a robin appeared, followed by some sparrows,
but
no sign of blackbird as yet!

Blackbirds adore Sultanas...May I suggest you try Morrisons on Festival
Park, where they are very reasonably priced?

HTH
tox

Would soaking them first to get the water back in be a good idea ?

Yes, especially on very cold days where water freezes. This might be the
only source of water they get. Feeding dry stuff to them which them
absorbs
moisture from their bodies and requires them to drink more, at a time
where
there is little do drink, means they soon die of deyhydration.

Yes I did notice Blackie drink from our water feature straight after
devouring the
fresh sultanas!

Merry Christmas

--