Old 17-12-2005, 04:06 PM posted to uk.rec.birdwatching,uk.rec.gardening
Richard Brooks

Default The Birds are back

Mike wrote:
Anyway, all the people I know who feed birds, also provide them with

water.

We do. One in the bird bath at about 3 feet off the ground and one at ground
level for the ground feeders such as the Blackbird. All the Sparrows and
Starlings have bird baths in that one :-))

I'm planning on making a minature diving board next spring to go with
the bird pool!

Are you going to provide a clean towel each day as well? ;-)

Hey, that's a good idea! Like a bird version of Potty Time I can add a
small round barbeque which, in the long run will give the old lady next
door severe worries. She has too much fun rattling the venetian blinds
until they fall off their mounts, as it is.

Any competitions for the best wild bird sanctuary going around ?

Richard.