Old 17-12-2005, 08:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default Alliums......

Klara wrote:
We had some beautiful allium christophii (father's day present):
magnificent the first year, then all different - large, medium, small -
last summer, but the minute the leaves poked up every bit of them (just
the leaves) was devoured by slugs. I suppose that must mean that that
will have been the end of them?

I can't wait for next year!! I had allium christophii which are now
dried in a vase in the veranda. For next year I went mad, the soil's
perfect for them as I discovered, and I've planted the caeruleum ones,
sphearocephalon, allium hair (weird thing this one) and the fantastic
carinatum pulchellum. And don't worry, nobody knows how latin should be
pronounced except the romans and they aren't around to argue ;o)