Old 17-12-2005, 10:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Alliums......

On 17/12/05 18:06, in article
, "Sue"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote
.....are poking their noses through the soil! Yesterday, I went to pick
up one of Ray's presents from the Agroforestry Research unit at
Dartington and I was talking to Martin Crawford who runs it. We
discussed an article in one of yesterday's papers which quoted someone in
charge of London parks (IIRC) who said that the worry is that with these
mild autumns and winters, trees aren't getting a rest before bursting
into bud again. This was about the many trees in London which,
apparently, still have leaves on in mid December. snip

I noticed last week we had catkins on one of the hazels.

Yes, all of ours have them, too.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk