Old 17-12-2005, 10:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default OT in a big way so switch off if it bothers you: (was Planting bulbs on a late Winter's afternoon)

On 17/12/05 19:29, in article , "madgardener"
wrote:

Makes me think of that line in Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop
Café. "older, richer, more insurance". ;-) (Just to get us back to
horticulture, of course!)

one of my favorite books AND movies......LOVE Fannie Flagg. She has a new
book, by the way. And another one, is (despite it being a bit weepy) is
Steel Magnolia's and Driving Miss Daisy. That that doesn't kill us only
serves to make us stronger. I figured out the twist early in Fried Green
Tomato's (and then bought the book) because I knew how people did things in
the South. And yes, I DO make bodacious fried green tomato's. there is an
ART to making them properly.

I don't think fried green tomatoes are a big 'thing' in UK but maybe they
should be, given how many of our tomatoes don't ripen in our
not-great-summers. But Driving Miss Daisy and Steel Magnolias are among my
all time favourite films, along with Cinema Paradiso and Il Postino and
Baghdad Café.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk