Old 18-12-2005, 12:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

Default Alliums......

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote ((snip))
This was about
the many trees in London which, apparently, still have leaves on in mid
December.

Not only in London, Sue and I were commenting on it just last week, still
some trees and shrubs (our wisteria) with green leaves that should be
totally bare by now. Very strange considering the frosts we've had.

--
Regards
Bob

I thought it was just me that thought things were a bit weird.. A large
beech still has some leaves and the odd twiggy bits that have fallen
recently show distinct signs of buds that appear ready to burst.
The old faithful Gunnera which was mulched and covered with its own leaves
(as per textbook instructions)has pushed through already with that
characteristic pink crown.
It's the sort of things that the Cornwall crowd usually boast about but I am
in West Yorkshire on the side of the Aire valley with winds that can freeze
the walls off a churchyard.