Old 11-02-2003, 10:24 PM
Pete The Gardener

Default Hydrangeas

On Sun, 9 Feb 2003 19:29:11 -0000, "Bevan Price"
wrote:

Unfortunately, it now seems to be approaching the end of its life - last
year there were just a handful of flowering stems. I tried taking cuttings
and one appeared to take root but did not survive more than a few months.
If there is any growth this year, has anyone suggestions about how to be
more successful in taking cuttings that will thrive, please ?

If you're having trouble with cuttings you could always try a layer or
two, I find hydrangeas layer remarkably easily, even when I don't
particularly want them to. Just pull a non flowering stem down to the
soil level, peg it there, cover with a little soil, and Bob's your
uncle, in a few monthe you've got a new plant :-)

--
Pete The Gardener
A room without books is like a body without a soul.