Old 18-12-2005, 07:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
madgardener

Default OT in a big way so switch off if it bothers you: (was Planting bulbs on a late Winter's afternoon)

"Sacha" wrote in message
.uk...
On 17/12/05 19:29, in article , "madgardener"
I don't think fried green tomatoes are a big 'thing' in UK but maybe they
should be, given how many of our tomatoes don't ripen in our
not-great-summers.

To do that would require a good cornmeal and some all purpose flour....and
they can't be TOO green.

But Driving Miss Daisy and Steel Magnolias are among my
all time favourite films, along with Cinema Paradiso and Il Postino and
Baghdad Café.

Haven't seen Cinema Paradiso I believe, and Il Postino, but have seen
Baghdad Cafe', that was interesting. one of my off the wall movies I adore
is Saving Grace..........it cracks me up. I need to laugh g there are too
many movies I really like now to list. it's one of the things we indulge
in, or maybe it's distraction from things that should concern me. but I
appreciate good acting and a good plot and nice details.

ouch, the kitten decided to attack my braid and she dug into my shoulder and
upper left arm, gotta go put some alcohol and neosporin on it before it trys
to get cat scratch fever.

E-mail me sometime and clue me in on what you garden and where. I'm always
facinated. off to disinfect meself!
maddie

--
Sacha