Old 14-02-2003, 05:27 AM
Dwayne

Default Red Spider Mite on cacti

After you have taken the steps Jack has suggested, Run a fan pointed at your
plants for several hours a day. Mites and a lot of other bugs hate any kind
of wind, and this will discourage them from multiplying. Good luck. Dwayne

"Jolltax" wrote in message
. ..
Hi all

On a recent inspection of my cacti in my greenhouse (kept at about

4degrees
min) i have spotted the evidence of fresh red spider mite attack! Help!

cant water the cacti with insecticide yet as they are still in their

'winter
dry period'.....so how do i stop the mites spreading ?

This is my first year with a greenhouse and i was trying to not use

chemical
warfair if possible.......guess that may have to change!

Any help will be gratefully appreciated, i dont want to loose many cacti!

Marie