Old 18-12-2005, 07:20 PM posted to rec.gardens
Travis M.

Default What kind of tree is this?

"Michelle" wrote in message

don't be so hard if my husband can mistake a mule for a horse
than
anything is possible.
his direct quote was "wow what an ugly horse what the H*** kind
is
it?"
so not knowing what a dogwood tree looks like isn't so bad

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 09:53:20 GMT, "Cereus-validus-..........."
wrote:

You need to get out more.

http://images.google.com/images?q=co...=Search+Images

"Travis M." wrote in message
"Cereus-validus-.." wrote in
message t
Don't you recognize a flowering dogwood when you see one,
Dagwood?

wrote in message
ups.com...
I know this group has had zillions of requests to
IDENTIFY
THIS PLANT. Please indulge me for another.

What kind of tree is this?

The leaves were dark red, the tree had bright red
berries
about 1/2 inch in size, and the tree was about 8-10
feet
tall. Pictures available at
http://www.geocities.com/shoemakerted/tree.html .
These pictures were taken in Roanoke, Virginia, USA, in
the
fall (November 2005).

Thank you very much!

Ted Shoemaker

Those don't look like the fruit of any dogwood I have ever
seen.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

I know Dogwood. I have 3 of them in my yard but none of them
have fruit like the OP posted. Since I am *not* in Florida I
don't have a Cornus florida.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5