Old 18-12-2005, 06:11 PM posted to rec.ponds
PoconoRobin

Default Need feedback on pond design

"~ jan jjspond" wrote in message
On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 19:59:12 -0500, "PoconoRobin" powlusr at ptd dot net
wrote:

I will be putting in a 10X15X4 goldfish pond this spring. My plans are
at:

http://powlusr.tripod.com/Pond/Pond.htm

I would love feedback, comments, suggestions....

Hi Robin,

What kind of goldfish are you considering? Some of the fancies don't do
well in a pond deeper than 2 feet.

I applaud your research. Seeing how you are close to my age (and we're not
getting any younger, dang it) did you consider vortex filters at all? The
reason I ask is they are SO much easier to keep clean. Your filter choice
is going to be similar to what I put up with on my homemade job, pulling
out heavy filter material. I know they're more expensive then your current
set-up, but so are doctors and drugs to fix back problems. Not to mention
the pain and suffering. ~ jan

----------------
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Thanks for your input. I haven't started researching goldfish yet. I may
add an additional filter in the future if it seems necessary, but I have no
extra money right now.

--
Robin
The Poconos, PA