Old 14-02-2003, 04:48 AM
Rodger Whitlock

Default Primula Viallii - where and when?

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003 18:29:43 -0000, "Bevan Price"
wrote:

...I find they
rarely survive more than one year even though they are supposedly perennial.

I wouldn't call them perennial at all. Monocarpic is a better
description -- they live until they flower and set seed, then
it's game over. Sometimes they last a year, sometimes two, even
three, years. Some individuals will survive longer, but even
those aren't long-lived.

They are described as moderately hardy so they should be OK for now in a
garage or unheated greenhouse unless we get Siberian weather conditions.

Bonehardy as far as I know, but they may take exception to winter
wet.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada