Old 18-12-2005, 04:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

Default Pruning a Walnut Tree

"Hew Moore" wrote in message
Hi All
My lovely walnut tree has only just shed it's last leaves and dropped it's
harvest of walnuts.
Examining it today I see it's already got shoots on it.
Just when do I prune it please?
I so wanted to remove some of the lower branches to save me limbo dancing
under them, with the lawnmower, in the months ahead!
Any special procedures etc., please?
Many thanks and seasons greetings to all
Hew

The link below tells you how to prune and when--
It says:-Trees such as elm, maple, birch, dogwood and walnut bleed freely if
pruned in late winter, so prune them in early summer.
I must admit that I would prune regardless of the bleeding in winter.

http://www.co.fairfax.va.us/parks/re...gardening3.htm