Old 18-12-2005, 04:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

Default Ticks

I have tried pulling fast and slowly, twisting, oil and cigarettes.
None of those work. If I get a tick close to home, I may try meths
and white spirit, but can't carry those on the hills if I am flying
there. I am afraid that I am not optimistic.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

We moved into a house with a VERY LARGE overgrown garden in Leicester and
one of my daughters got 'something' on the back of her neck. This turned out
to be a tick. What the hell is a tick? etc etc etc.

We had a Doctor living nearby and I went to see him.

Surgical Spirit, wad of Cotton wool, gentle pressure and a squeeze with a
gripping outward pressure. GONE :-)))

That was in about 1968. No after effects :-))

She now lives in a Manor House with umpteen acres and her problem now is
Badgers under the Tennis Court.

Surgical Spirit?

"I think not" :-))

Mike