Old 18-12-2005, 06:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Christopher Norton

Default Oh for Tesco's sprouts

The message
from Rusty Hinge 2 contains these words:

The message
from "Rupert" contains these words:

Results: -- Not bad really. Cucumber about the size of a sausage but
tasted
just like cucumber.

OK - try growing them under polythene cloches at the very least. IME
last season was *NOT* good for cucumbers, even under glass.

Tomatoes --excellent yield and tasted of buga all.

Most commercial varieties (especially Moneymaker) do taste of SFA.

Try Ailsa Craig, Shirley or Alicante, in that order of (my) preference.

Some of the so-called 'vine tomatoes' also have good flavour, but I
couldn't specify a variety.

--
Rusty

My cucs were fantastic Rusty. Burpless tasty green and I had 10 plants
(first time I`ve grown em) and I lost count of the number we got off em.
Once they got going they were as prolific as the courgettes.

Tomatos were a dead loss though.
Separator in search of a sig