Old 18-12-2005, 07:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren

Default Ticks

In article ,
Sacha wrote:

Perhaps if you're meeting people at the hill end of your journey, you could
ensure that they have a tiny supply with them. It really can be very small.

Anything up to a week later :-)

I can't swear to it, but am pretty sure that I have tried meths.
As I have just posted, nothing works once a tick is dug right in,
and most things work if it isn't. I shall give white spirit a go,
but I don't think that it will be any different.

And it is quite possible that the ticks that I couldn't get out
weren't sheep ticks - there are quite a few other species that will
bit humans. I don't have a clue what the species were in the other
continents.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.