Old 18-12-2005, 11:32 PM posted to rec.gardens
Anthony B

Default What kind of tree is this?

"Travis M." wrote in message
I know Dogwood. I have 3 of them in my yard but none of them have fruit
like the OP posted. Since I am *not* in Florida I don't have a Cornus
florida.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

Cornus Florida is not just native to Florida.. It is native to all
woodlandsfrom Missouri east to the atlantic and south from florida to north
Ohio...

And that tree isnt a Cornus florida ( flowering dogwood) It is a Cornus
Kousa ie. Kousa dogwood. The strawberr-ish fruit is a dead giveaway

Virgo91967
Ky Nursery & Landscape Association Certified Nurseryman