Old 18-12-2005, 08:11 PM posted to uk.rec.birdwatching,uk.rec.gardening
Kate

Default No Visitors

"Josie" wrote in message
Message from Kate on Thu, 15 Dec 2005 15:03:58
No Visitors:

I am not going to bother any more. I spend a lot of money on
proprietary foods and also make my own, but all we get in the garden
are pigeons and starlings. Occasionally a robin and a couple of
blackbirds will deign to visit, and now and again a blue tit, but
that`s it.

snip
Kate

I suggest you scatter some bread on the lawn or other open space.
This attracts sparrows and starlings and in turn they will attract
other species.
--

Good news! I bought a feeding station on Friday and yesterday we
placed it in an open position but still with perching spots not too

Now I should own up to what is, probably, a character flaw : it is not
enough that the birds visit the garden. I *must* get photos of them.
We have had a hide in the garden for nearly a year, and today managed
to move it so that I can focus my long lens on the new feeding
station. Tomorrow, if the weather is bright, I shall be out there
waiting...

Thanks for all the advice.

Happy Christmas!
Kate