Old 18-12-2005, 08:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
cineman

Default Ticks

We had several old apple trees in our garden when we moved here 30 years
ago, and the cats loved climbing, however one of the side effects were ticks
from the trees, we used the surgical spirit , but twisted and sharply pulled
at same time never caused any lasting problems with animals.
Moral; Watch out for old apple trees as tick source.
regards
Cineman

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
I know there are some walkers on this NG and some with "wild flower
meadows" and yet more are dog walkers so I though you would like to read
this about ticks and the diseases they can cause...

http://www.users.waitrose.com/~mickl...%20Disease.htm

It's an increasing problem in the UK.

(found on another Ng)

--