Old 19-12-2005, 12:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes

Default OT Spam & perhaps, Gardenbanter?

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message k
from Sacha contains these words:

Today, I have received around 80 pieces of junk mail. My junk mail
filter
catches most of it very well but I still have to check it, of course.
Most
days, the number is something between 30 and 50. Is this because
Gardenbanter is reproducing posts from urg or is there some other
explanation?

Your address isn't appearing there in public view, because GB strips
off all usenet attributions, so the OP's email addie isn't visible, and
leaves just the posting name. This exchange of posts would just appear
as "Sacha, usenet (Today I...etc)" and a reply from "Janet Baraclough,
usenet ". Course, there's no guarantee what GB does with all the
prunings :-(

It does appear if you do a 'Reply'!

Alan

Could the upturn be the result of xmas shopping by computer?

Janet