Old 14-02-2003, 05:05 PM
Kay Easton

Default Red Spider Mite on cacti

In article , Jack
writes
I'd mist the plant with either an insecticidal soap or just a mild soap and
water solution that you can make up yourself. If you don't want to wet the
soil, then cover the soil with a plastic shopping bag.

I wouldn't mist them at this time of year -although the greenhouse is
reaching 70 deg F on sunny days, it's still sulking in the 40s the rest
of the time.

I've had increasing difficulty with RSM as they've developed resistance
to insecticides. This year I shall try the RSM predator, but that will
have to wait till the weather is a bit warmer.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
http://www.scarboro.demon.co.uk/garden/