Old 14-02-2003, 08:44 PM
Sarah Dale

Default Soil and pest question

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 11:58:00 +0000, Steve Harris wrote:

Don't particularly like 'em! I'm growing what I like to eat! Curious
system I know ...

I totally agree with you! I'm about to start Year 2 in the kithcen garden
on the same principles as Year 1 - I'm going to grow what we want to eat,
plus comfrey and nettles for obvious reasons, and nothing else!

For me that means I won't be growing cabages, leeks, sprouts etc..

OTOH, I love cucmber, but I don't think its practical for me to grow as I
have no greenhouse, and you can't freeze a glut, so thats one thing I'm
not going to grow, although I want to eat it.

Sarah