Old 19-12-2005, 05:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default OT Spam & perhaps, Gardenbanter?

On 19/12/05 12:14, in article , "Kay
Easton" wrote:

In message , Ian
Keeling writes
Hugh Jampton wrote:
On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 23:47:43 GMT, Phil L wrote:

http://www.mailwasher.net/
Yep - brilliant !
Wouldn't be without it. The Pro version is well worth paying for.

I find Spampal pretty good (assuming people are using Windows). Another
good option, I find, is to use Mozilla Thunderbird which has spam
filtering built in (also avoids various insecure features of MS
products).

If you're on broadband, Popfile is pretty good. It's an 'intelligent'
program, learning what sort of content denotes spam, looking our for the
sorts of words and phrases that are more likely to be spam than genuine.
It makes a bash at sorting into spam and non-spam, and gets it about 80%
right, then you correct the few it got wrong, and in a matter of a day
or two it's up to 99% or better and you can leave it to its own devices.

You don't have to add rules to block specific posters or title contents.
It allows you to add rules, but the main use of those is to direct mails
into specific boxes, eg your 'work' box, your 'emails from urglers' box,
or to allow posts from trusted friends to drop straight in to your inbox
without being screened.

Can I use any of these on a Mac, using Entourage?

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk