Old 19-12-2005, 06:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
a.c.

Default Tools value?

Mike wrote:
"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
Do you know the true replacement value of your garden tools and sundries

if
they get stolen?

We have had our Landrover 90 (defender) van stolen from outside our house
with all our allotment tools on board last night. Spent the day costing
replacements for everything we can remember was on-board....£726. !!!!
Frightening isn't it.
Wellies (3 pairs) alone came to £105.

--
Regards
Bob

Bob this is terrible. Read your home 'and' your car insurance policy with
care. I feel that they are insured 'somewhere' and that you can claim, but
that does not include the 'sentimental value' of the spade left to you by
Uncle George :-((

I taught in one of the prisons here on the Isle of Wight and many times it
was stated 'well they can claim on their insurance'. One then went on to say
that a Stamp Album stolen by his 'accomplices' at the same time was 'too
hot' and was put on the bonfire :-((

Having been involved with this scum, I would tighten the law despite what
the likes of NACRO and the other 'do gooders' say.

Mike
Now I do know that this WILL open a can of worms :-((

Ah yes, theft.
I remember an odd one. My van got broken into one night and though
quite well packed with garden tools & machinery (though not easily
unentangled) almost nothing was taken.
Still, in order to comply with my insurance policy I duly reported the
incident to the police. The conversation went something like this;
me; I'm here to report that my van was broken into.
Police; What was taken?
me; erm, well, it's not so much what was taken as what was left behind!
Police; (not even looking confused) and what was that?
me; an empty box of chocolates. Not mine, I hadn't left one in the van.
They had brought it themselves, scoffed the lot and didn't even leave
me one!