Old 19-12-2005, 09:53 PM posted to rec.gardens
Travis M.

Default What kind of tree is this?

"Anthony B" wrote in message

"Travis M." wrote in message
I know Dogwood. I have 3 of them in my yard but none of them
have fruit like the OP posted. Since I am *not* in Florida I
don't have a Cornus florida.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

Cornus Florida is not just native to Florida.. It is native to
all
woodlandsfrom Missouri east to the atlantic and south from
florida
to north Ohio...

And that tree isnt a Cornus florida ( flowering dogwood) It is
Cornus Kousa ie. Kousa dogwood. The strawberr-ish fruit is a
dead
giveaway
Virgo91967
Ky Nursery & Landscape Association Certified Nurseryman

I have a Cornus kousa and the fruit does not look like those the
OP referred.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5