Old 20-12-2005, 12:04 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Bill

Default Life Expectancy of Magnum 350 Filter?

" Spaketh Thusly:

It could be the magnet under the propeller that is hitting. That's
what mine did after not very much use. I ordered a new one from Pet
Solutions and it seems much better and quieter. My magnet hit enough
that it got out of balance.

When I purchased mine about 5 years ago, I purchased an extra impeller
assembly from PetWarehouse (now DrsFoster&Smith) on the recommendation of a
few people here who said "Have an extra just in case". It's still in the
plastic bag - cheap insurance, IMO.
I've changed the O ring & gaskets, only because the little gasket stretched
out so I bought the whole kit. Everything else is still fine.

Speaking of Mag 350's, what do y'all use in yours? After playing around with
various things for a year, I finally settled on the outer sleeve and just fill
the container with loosely packed floss. Haven't seen anything else work
better or last as long.

--
Bill H. [my "reply to" address is real]
www.necka.net