Old 19-12-2005, 11:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

Default chili harvest

Klara wrote:
Early last summer I bought a tiny chilli plant from Homebase (it

was
half-price by then), and potted it up. It soon grew and flowered

and
chillied, and I started using the chillies. Every time our

daughters
came to visit, I also gave them a bagful of chillies. I used it

ever
since, and today I harvested what was left: 210 of useable size,

not
counting the tiny ones or those that looked dodgy.

I'd never grown chillies befo are they always this prolific?

No, I'm afraid not. They are prolific, but it depends on variety and
conditions. I'd save seed from that one for next year; but I can't
promise you the plants you get will be the same. If you need that
many chillies, it may be safer to have three plants.

--
Mike.