Old 20-12-2005, 07:39 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Eric Hunt

Default Who We Are revisited

-- Who am I and What Is My Gender?
Eric, Male

-- Where am I? Where do I grow?
San Francisco, I just moved into a new apartment with a small shared
backyard! I plan to grow cool to cold growing species - primarily
masdevallias, pleurothallis, and maxillarias out in the back. I've got a
couple art-shade phals growing in the kitchen, they're fun to dote on while
tooling around the kitchen.

I have been a volunteer for OrchidMania (www.orchids.org) for about 4 years
now. Most Sundays I can be found working at our San Francisco greenhouse.

-- What do I grow?
In the past, I've had as many as 150 plants in a very large Victorian flat.
Then the Lean Years when I could only grow a very limited number in my north
facing bay window - about five orchid plants and a slightly higher number of
houseplants. Bloomed every one of the orchids, though! Not much actively
growing now due to the move to a new apartment, but plan on growing cool to
cold growing andean species such as masdevallia, pleurothallis, maxillaria,
etc. I have space for a couple dozen most likely - a nice, manageable
increase.

-- The decade of my age?
3rd

-- How long have I been growing orchids?
About 5 years.

-- My biggest orchid accomplishment(s)?
Reblooming anything (but definitely not even close to everything!) in my
collection. =)

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org