Old 20-12-2005, 11:01 AM posted to rec.gardens
Pat Kiewicz

Default Is there a FAQ?

Karl Warner said:

All,

Are there any rules, conventions or etiquette for posting in a newsgroup?
Where might I find such? I am new at this and have been reading you for
the past six months. For example, I am curious about posting at the top or
bottom of a reply. I do not really see any pattern. I do not anticipate
posting much but do not want to offend.

Yes, there are some conventions for newsgroup posting. The conventional
term for 'proper' behavior on-line is 'nettiquette.'

Nettiquette sites:

Newsgroup specific: http://linux.sgms-centre.com/misc/netiquette.php

The exhaustive version: http://www.albion.com/netiquette/

(attributed to Don Marti)