Old 20-12-2005, 02:30 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Rob

Default Who We Are revisited

I suppose most would say that my greatest accomplishment has been coming up
with semi-hydroponic culture, but to me it's not throwing in the towel after
a heater failure on a seven-degree (F) night that wiped out a 20-year
collection of stuff, including irreplaceable plants I collected while
traveling the world on business. I have another opportunity to test my
desire to go on right now, as my propane supplier was kind enough to run me
out of fuel on a 5° night just last week. Fortunately, it wasn't a total
wipe out (looks like the heat went off right at dawn), but I have a lot of
trimming to do while on Christmas vacation.

Ouch, Ray... Had almost the same experience the day after thanksgiving.
Fortunately I checked the gauge on the tank, which was reading zero
but not quite at zero... Had a firm (but polite, of course) talk with
the driver who delivers my fuel, who had been out two days prior
delivering fuel to my neighbor... He knows to check my tank now.

This reinforces my thought of last night, which was... "Maybe I'd better
get my kerosene turbo heater set up in the greenhouse today, just in
case". And I'll check the propane tank, too.

--
Rob's Rules: http://littlefrogfarm.com
2a) See rule 1