Old 20-12-2005, 11:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden

Default Tools value?

"Janet Baraclough" wrote after
"Bob Hobden" mentioned

My point was...... most people are like us, collected tools over the
years,
but when you go to price replacements in one hit the cost is frightening.
Do a bit of surfing and price up your own stuff, including the small
bits,
because those £5's and £10's soon mount up.

Sorry to hear about that Bob.

The good news is, the price of stainless steel tools is lower than
ever before. For rakes and secateurs etc (none- ss) I've been very
pleased with a make called Senator (oldfashioned wooden handles, very
comfortable to use).

Thanks, but Sh1t happens!
I've seen that make you mention at Moss End GC, I'm sure, perhaps I should
take a closer look idc. Thanks.
However, most of my tools will be replaced with the Wolf Multitool System,
I've been bleating on about their Push Pull Weeder being the best weeding
hoe ever for years ( and notice the RHS and Kew now use them) and the other
stuff in their range that I've used is pretty good too.

--
Regards
Bob