Old 15-02-2003, 12:15 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Candelabra Primula? Was Primula Viallii - where and when

In article ,
Ken Riley wrote:
Thankyou Rodger and Bevan for your replies. A bit disappointing that
they're not perennials. I also like the look of the candelabra
primulas - are these ok as perennials for my border? As I said, the
primula denticulata seem very happy and I have to dig clumps out and
move them to other parts of the garden, they get so big.

Generally, candelabra primulas are waterside plants, and get unhappy
if the soil ever dries out. I know that there are differences in the
tolerance of dry soil between species, but don't know which.

They certainly grow perfectly happily in cool, damp borders.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:
Tel.: +44 1223 334761 Fax: +44 1223 334679