Old 21-12-2005, 05:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden

Default growing potatoes for Xmas

Colin wrote
Obviously I'm slightly late for this year but how do you go about
growing your own potatoes ready for you xmas meal.

I saw somewhere that you can plant some seed potatoes in seed compost
in a bin in september , is this true ? What sort of potatoes should
you plant ?

Marshalls usually have these heat treated seed potatoes in stock at the
correct time.
http://www.marshalls-seeds.co.uk/
So get a copy of their catalogue and you will be on their mailing list for
the future and just have to keep an eye out for them next year.

Do you need to water , feed etc

Do you need to protect from frost ?

Yes, yes and yes.

--