Old 21-12-2005, 10:36 PM posted to rec.arts.bonsai
just me

Default question about mimosa

New arrival here with a question if anyone can help me out. I have a mimosa
which I grew from seed and have kept about 3 feet tall. Last year we moved
from Central Florida to Vermont. It lost its leaves at the proper time and
wintered over nicely in the basement [temps probably around 60F most of the
time]. I kept it outdoors all summer and well into the [warm] fall,
bringing it in only when we started to have light frosts. It has been near
a south facing window since. It continues to remain green, even having put
out a significant amount of new growth about a month after I brought it
inside. I had thought it would respond to shorter days and drop all its
leaves for the winter. Apparently I was wrong.

Can anyone explain what is happening with this tree and if I should be doing
something different or if all is ok? Thanks loads!

-Aula, in Vermont