Old 21-12-2005, 11:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

Default Cranberries and Blueberries

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Neil Cairns" wrote in reply to...
"Bob Hobden" who asked..

Cranberries and blueberries.
Just bought some of each for the new allotment, considering the pH of
under
5.5 down there they should be in ideal soil acidity.
Never grown either before, so if anyone else has, are there any secrets
etc
we should know

Water from the water but if your tap water has limestone, your kettle
or the end of your tap would be a good indicator.

They are going in the ground on the allotment after I've dug in some peat
so I didn't intent to water much if at all.
Are you saying they like lots of water, damp conditions?

Yes, the water around here is hard.

--
Regards
Bob

I think Neil was suggesting not to irrigate with hard water.
I do know that they like acidic soil and that's about it.
My sister grows blueberries and gets a fairly sparse picking from quite a
few plants. I believe that is par for the course