Old 22-12-2005, 03:38 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ jan jjspond

Default Well, the herons found my pond...

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 20:15:50 -0500, Dan wrote:

I've been pretty lucky with my new pond this year and lost
no fish to critters (at least none that I know of). Well,
that may have changed. I looked out tonight and saw a great
blue heron standing in the middle of the pond by the waterfall.
The pond is only half frozen now since the days have been in
the upper 30's/low 40's this week. My kid's nanny was here
tonight and mentioned that she's seen it around for several
days this week and thought nothing of it. Oh well... I put
a mist net over it tonight so I shouldn't be loosing any
more. Guess it had to happen eventually.

Hopefully every one stayed deep and under the ice. Why I like my screens
on all winter, stops the worry when the scarecrow can't be on. ~ jan
~ jan/WA
Zone 7a