Old 22-12-2005, 05:47 AM posted to aus.gardens
jils

Default Tomatoe trouble

dunno about the molasses but we can't grow tomatoes because of nematodes
in the soil.
they're sort of cyclic, they stay there unless you treat them all the time.
we gave up trying to grow anything in the nematode infected soil,
we put some good soil in big buckets, grow the toms in those.
the buckets don't look pretty but at least the stuff grows!

Terry & Angela wrote:
We have a few tomatoe plants in the garden (various varieties) but they
don't fruit very well also the leaves keep dying I heard something on the
radio the other day about something in the soil and putting diluted molasses
on it but Ididn't catch it all can anybody help.

Thanks
Terry & Angela